Residents' Concerns and Complaints

We aim to provide a happy, safe and comfortable home with professional, caring and compassionate service. Should you believe we've got something wrong, we would really like to know.


Many people are reluctant to complain. We aim to provide a great home and professional, compassionate, caring service through our own determination to follow best practice.

Sometimes we may miss something, or you might be able to think of how we could do something better. Perhaps we may have fallen short of your expectations. Should this happen we want you to speak up, so that we can resolve any issues and improve the service we offer, as quickly as possible. Set out here  is the procedure to be followed should a resident or family member wish to raise a complaint or concern in connection with the services provided by the Trust relating to Russell Churcher Court.


A complaint can be made by telephone; in writing; by email; or in person. The Trust will respond in writing, usually via email.

Complaints should be addressed to:

Lucasz Irzabek, Registered Manager, Russell Churcher Court, Melrose Gardens, Gosport PO12 3BE

Telephone 023 9252 7600


Complainants will receive an acknowledgement within 72 hours. In this acknowledgment we will let the complainant know who will be investigating the complaint.

A complaint must be made no longer than 12 months after the date of an incident, or when the matter first came to the attention of the complainant.

This time limit however, will not apply if Russell Churcher Court is satisfied that:

  • The complainant can give a good reason for not making the complaint within that time limit and

  • Despite the delay, it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and fairly

Where possible, complaints should be made on the form available from reception, the Registered Manager or on the noticeboard. Complaints may also be made via our on-line feedback system, available at reception or via our website at

Anonymous complaints

The Trust takes anonymous complaints seriously and will investigate in the same way as other complaints providing enough information is supplied to facilitate an investigation. All complaints will be dealt with by a senior person within the organisation, usually the Registered Manager, or Deputy Manager. Complainants will receive (as far as reasonably practical):

  • Assistance to help them understand the complaints procedure; and

  • Advice on where they may obtain such assistance.

The Russell Churcher Court notice board displays a list of advocacy services, with contact details, or these may be obtained from the receptionist.

Russell Churcher Court will accept complaints from a third party under certain circumstances:


  • Where you know that the Service User has consented, either verbally or in writing; or

  • Where the Service User cannot complain unaided and cannot give consent because they lack capacity to do so within the meaning of the Mental Capacity Act 2005; and

  • The Service User representative is acting in the Service User’s best interests – for example, where the matter complained about, if true, would be detrimental to the Service User.

Our expected turnaround/resolution time is 28 days or less, and this will be advised in our initial response to the complaint.

All complaint investigations should be completed within 6 months unless a different timescale has been agreed. This should only be done when there is a good reason for it.

If, after you have received a response from the Registered Manager, you consider the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the Chief Executive. The Chief Executive’s details are:

Anne Taylor FCCA, Chief Executive, Thorngate Churcher Trust, Clare House, Melrose Gardens, Gosport PO12 3BZ

Once your complaint has been fully dealt with by Russell Churcher Court, and the Trust, should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you can complain to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman. The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman provides a free, independent service. You can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman Advice Team for information and advice, or to register your complaint:

Telephone 0300 061 0614



The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman will not usually investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.

Our service is registered with, and regulated by, the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC cannot get involved in individual complaints about providers, but is happy to receive information about our services at any time. You can contact the CQC at:

Care Quality Commission

National Correspondence

Citygate, Gallowgate

Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA

Or you can use the online form via their website at

Telephone 0300 061 6161

For important information about our care home and what you can expect from us read our Key Facts Document here.

Apply for Housing and Residential Care

Apply for
Residential Care

Enquiries: 023 9252 7600

Apply for
Sheltered Housing

Enquiries: 023 9253 4999

our publications

Enquiries: 023 9253 4999

Give us
your feedback

Enquiries: 023 9253 4999

What's Happening?

Latest Thorngate News

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email
Monday, November 8, 2021 8:52 AM

Planning granted for new homes in Gosport