Care Assistant Twilight Hours (5.45pm-12.00am 4 nights per week)
Thorngate Churcher Trust runs a prestigious registered care home, specialising in the delivery of high-quality care for older people and those living with dementia.
We are searching for a care assistant to join our team to help residents enjoy each evening by delivering the high-quality care and support they deserve. You should have a genuine interest in people and the delivery of safe and effective care and in making a positive contribution to helping the home continue to be a welcoming environment for the residents to live in.
- You will ideally be qualified at least at Care Certificate and or NVQ level 1/2 in Health and Social Care and have an up to date training record for the delivery of care the meets the specified regulatory requirements.
- You will ideally have a can-do attitude, be self-sufficient, able to work on your own initiative and have high professional standards for the delivery of care for the residents.
- You will ideally have a strong personal and professional set of values that help you perform your work compassionately, safely and effectively.
- Requires the support and care for residents who may need assistance with a range of duties such as personal care, hygiene, dressing, laundry and night time routines.
- Requires teaching and maintaining of the skills for residents to promote their independence.
- Requires the delivery of care for individual residents in line with their care plans.
- Requires full regard to residents’ well-being, privacy, dignity, freedom of choice, physical, emotional, spiritual and social needs.
- Requires all procedures and instructions in relation to the specified CQC, Health & Safety and other regulatory standards to be carried out fully and efficiently.
- Requires accurate and timely reporting on all incidents, accidents, illness and defects within the building and surrounds to the manager on duty.
- Requires all care plans, and records (electronic and paper based) to be accurate and up to date.
- Requires a commitment to undertake and keep up to date with statutory training and to coach and support colleagues.
- Requires participation in supervision/staff meetings.
- Requires any other reasonable task to be performed as directed.
Working with Thorngate Churcher Trust you can expect:
- A comprehensive induction programme, with opportunities for further training and development.
- Competitive rates of pay linked to NVQ qualifications and good holiday allowances.
- Opportunities for personal recognition and career progression.
- A challenging and rewarding working environment that delivers great levels of job satisfaction.
If you are share our values, are suitably qualified with relevant experience and are interested in the role during an exciting period of growth and development for the Trust, please complete our fast online application form or download the person specification and job description. All applications (either a completed application form downloaded from this website or a CV, covering all aspects outlined in our online application form) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thorngate Living is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community. The right applicant will be keen to champion the Trust’s mission and values.